Mission / Objective :
Vangmaya Sabha is a literary organization which aims at encouragement of students to develop their communication skills and creativity. We arrange activities such as Guest Lectures, Workshops, Poetry Writing, Essay Writing, Extempore Speech, Solgan Competitions. Lion Dr. G. M. Chhadwa Inter-collegiate Debate Competition is the prestigious activity of our Vangmaya Sabha. Since 1980 we conduct this Competition in four languages, i.e. Marathi, Hindi, English and Gujarati.
Our Team :
- Principal : Dr. S.V.Sant
- N.B.Acharya : Teacher in-charge
- Shri Shukla : Hindi In-charge
- Vidya Naik : Marathi In-charge
- Roshni Shinde : Chief Coordinator
- Akash pawar : Assist coordinator, English
- Tanvi Gadgil : Assist Coordinator, Marathi
- Participation in Inter-collegiate competition ‘ Poets and Saint of Maharashtra’
- Publication of “KASTURI” handwritten magazine.
Main Activities done by the Association ( 2016-17)
The Vangmaya Sabha, the literary association of our college, conducts activities to develop interest in language and literature in three languages, Marathi, Hindi and English.
- Publication of the wall paper ‘Kasturi’, which was released on 2nd at the hands of Vice Chairman of GES, Principal R. J. Gujrathi at the inaugural function of MCEAM National Conference.
- A Poetry Reading Competition was held in February. A number of students took part and recited poems in Hindi, Marathi and English.
- An Intercollegiate Story Telling Competition was held in August. Ten colleges of Mumbai suburbs took part in the event. Principal Dr. Lipica Chandra of Lokpuram School was the judge along with Mrs Vidya Naik of the Marathi Department of our college.
- Plan of activities for the year 2016-17.
- Selection of Chief Coordinator and Associate coordinators.
- Celebration of Marathi Bhasha Diwas. The well known writer Shri Girish Dabke was the chief guest on the occasion. Celebration of Marathi Sanwardhan Diwas with a number of Competitions such as Poetry Reading and Paragraph Reading.