Bachelor of Management Studies ( BMS)
BMS degree is a stepping stone towards MBA to prepare the students to enter the corporate world and to take up entry level roles in various sectors. The course trains students in a the various aspects of managing a company. The course gives students a strong foundation in the management field and makes it easy for them to get an MBA degree and then to move to the higher leadership role.
BMS is started in our institution in the year : 1999-2000. The course has specialization in Finance , HR and Marketing. These are taught through theory classes, case studies, presentations and practical assignment. Students also have to undertake a project work. To fill the knowledge and experience gap, the course mandates students to undertake an internship, through which they get hands on experience of the real world.
Students Strength: FYBMS : 68
SYBMS : 55
TYBMS : 49
Special Papers offered:
Result of the Department
- FYBMS : 69.49 %
- SYBMS : 94.87%
- TYBMS : 68.14 %
- Development of creativity in students by conducting various activities.
- Involving students in organizing activities and shouldering responsibility.
- Encouraging students to participate in various events.
- Mrs. Prachi Kadam : Co-Ordinator
- Mr. Prasad Anaready : Assist. Professor
- Dr.Ms.AparnaPawar : Assist. Professor
Name : Mrs. Prachi Kadam
Designation : Co-ordinator
Qualification : MMS ( Finance )
- Attended the National Level Conference on “Quality, Equality and Innovation in Higher Education “ held on 21st – 22nd January,2015 at Gokhale College, Borivli.
- Paper Published in ISBN Book No: 978-1-312-86802-1 on“ A study on Cost -Benefit strategy in the detergent Industry (w.r.t. Nirma detergent) at International Conference on “ Cost-Benefit Analysis in perspective to Global Trends” at Thakur College of Sci and Comm by Department of Mathematics and Economics in association with University of Mumbai on 29th January,2015.
- Paper Published in ISBN Book No: on “ A study on role of Valve education & holistic development in the youth the nation builder” at National Conference “The Catalytic Role of the Youth s Key Drivers in Global Development- A Management Perspective” at Thakur College of Sci and Comm by Department of Mathematics and Economics in association with University of Mumbai on 24th – 25th September,2013.
- Attended the National Level Conference on “Leadership and Change Management” held on 7th September, 2013 at Nagindas Khandwala College,Kandivli
- Attended the National Level Conference on “Challenges and Prospects of Human Rights in the 21st Century” held on 15th – 16th February, 2013 at Gokhale College, Borivli.
- Attended the National Level Conference on “Emerging Trends in Banking Industry”held on 3rd and 4th February, 2012 at Gokhale College, Borivli.
Activities of the Department : 2018-19
- A Seminar was organised on 19th December, 2018 on the topic “Bramhavidya” Mr. Ramesh Karandikar, Master Trainer guide the BMS Students on the how the Bramhavidy helps the students to keep them health and peaceful life through bramhavidya. Bramhavidya is dealing with two important things1. Living and 2. thoughts.
- Eighty BMS students took the active participation in Bramhavidya.
- Mrs. Anita Korde, trainer also guide the students about Bramhavidya.
Activities of the Department : 2016-17
- Guest Lecture of IBS School was organised on Monday 20th June, 2016. Ms. Shilpa Gupta Delivered a talk on ” CAREERS IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT” to BMS Students.
Activities of the Department : 2015-16
- 9th July, 2015 : Orientation Programme was organised for the First Year BMS students addressed by Principal. The purpose is to make the students aware of the BMS Course and Various Activities of the College.
- 15th July, 2015 : A seminar on “Career in Management and Resume Building” was organized for Second and Third year BMS Students. The Speaker Mr. Ramesh Mishra, Head Wester Region ( TIME) guided the students on the job opportunities and how to write a CV in various sectors.
- 17th July, 2015 : A Seminar on “Objectives of communication and inter personal relations” was organised for First Year BMS students. The Speaker Mr. Sarkar and Mrs. Koreya from NIIT enlightened the students with effective communication skills.
- 20th July, 2015 : Aptitude Test was conducted for Second and Third year BMS students by Mr. Ketan Patel, Head of CPLC.
- 24th July, 2015 : Counselling was done for the students on the basis of the Aptitude Test taken on 20th July, 2015 by Mr. Dhaval Kunte, from CPLC.
- 25th July, : Management Games was conducted for Second and Third year BMS students by Mr. Jaimin Shah, Head of test Series product from CPLC.
- 7th August, 2015 : A Workshop on ” Professional Etiquette and Developing Soft Skills for Enhancing Employability” was oraganised . The speaker Dr. Mrs. Jyoti Maliwar, Assist. Prof, Saraf College, Malad, gave an informative speech on Personality Development and presentation was a source of inspiration for the students.
- 19th August, 2015 : A seminar on ” Careers guidance in Banking Sector” was organised for Second and Third year BMS students The Speaker Ms. Snehal Vyas, Head, NIIT highlighted on various job opportunities in Banking Sector.
- 21st August, 2015 : A PPT Presentation by Second year students on ” A tribute to ex-President Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam” was held to pay homage to the former President of India. A great Missile and the Ideal of the youth. Principal gave a informative speech on Dr. APJ Kalam’s Contribution in the field of Education and conveyed message to the youth of today.
- 25th August, 2015 : A Workshop on ” VedicMathematics” was organized for First year students by Mr. Dhaval Kunte, from CPLC.
- 27th August, 2015 Second Year BMS Students Organised Management Games for First year BMS students.
- 4th September, 2015 First and Second Year BMS Students Presented Research Paper at Shailendra College.