Department of Geography And Environmental Studies
Brief History :
Students Strength :
- F. Y. B.com: 474
- F. Y. B. A: 19
- S. Y. B. A: 33
- T. Y. B. A: 10
Special Papers offered:
F. Y. B.com
- Environmental Studies
F. Y. B. A
- Introduction to Geography
S. Y. B. A
- Economic Geography II
- Human Geography II
T. Y. B. A
- Fundamental of Physical Geography- IV
- Environmental Geography -V
- Topographic, Thematic Maps & Statistical Techniques (Practical Paper -VI)
Result of the Department
Special Features :
Use of audio-video aid for lectures such as power point presentation(projector), Computer practical, use of laboratory ,charts, model, computerized graphical presentation ,Field visit, Guest lectures, Remedial lectures, Mentoring activity,Conduct and organized academic and extracurricular activities for student’s overall development, students counseling session, Case Studies.
Poster Exhibition Competition was held at College Assembly Hall on 1st Feb., 2019. Many of the students participated in the competition. The Exhibition was inaugurated by Dr. Mrs. S. V. Sant, Principal. The Winner of this competition was
1st : Ms. Smilla Ghangya of SYBA
2nd : Mr. Nikhil Ambadaskar and Shweta Jalgaonkar
3rd : Calvina Henriques, Kinny Minolette and Quinita Countinho.
Mrs. Kalpana H. Gawde
|Name :||Mrs. Kalpana H. Gawde|
|Qualification :||M. Sc. (Environment Science), M. Phil. (Environment Science)SET. (State Eligibility Test), B.Ed. (Math / Science/EVS.)Certificate Course in MS.CIT. Certificate Course in Yoga.|
- Published a paper in Two day National Conference on “Economic Slowdown and Challenges before Indian Economy” held on 10th & 11th January,2014, Organized by G. E. S. Shri Bhausaheb Vartak College, Borivali (W), Mumbai.
- Participated and Published a paper in One day International Seminar on “Status of Women in Transitional Societies: Issues and Challenges” held on 25 th January,2014. Organized by University of Mumbai Centre for Central Eurasian Studies in Collaboration with B. L. Amlani College.
Seminar/ Conference / Workshop Attended :
- Attended Guest Lecture of Bank of Maharashtra on “Yuva Saving Account” . on 25th June, 2013.
- Participated in Yoga Refreshment Class” Since from 11 th July 2013 to September 2013.
- Attended “Inaugural function “of all associations on 10th July 2013.
- Organized and Participated Field Visit on 21th September 2013 for T. Y. B. A. / Geography Students P – VI Practical at National Park Borivali (E), Mumbai.
- Participated in one day faculty development workshop on “Research Proposal” organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell of G.E.S./S.B.V.C. college , Borivali, delivered by Dr. Arvind Arihan , on 28th September 2013 , of I. Y. College, Jogeshwari (E) Mumbai.
- Participated in First Term “ Staff Academic Programme“(Diwali Celebration) on 31th October 2013.
- Two days actively Participated in “N.S.S. Camp “ held on 19th & 20th October 2013 at Tungareshwar, Maharashtra.
- Participated in “Maharashtra Times Carnival” on 10th December 2013 in College campus.
Any other :
- Worked as “ Internal Expert “ in University Exam Semester- Vth/ VIth T. Y. B. A./ Geography Practical Paper P-VI held on 9th October 2013 and 25th February 2014 Center for T. Y. B. A. Practical.
- Visiting Faculty for FYBMS- II