Brief History :
The Department of Economics was established in 1979, since inception of the college. The subject is offed in both Arts and Commerce streams. in Arts Six Papers of Economic ( Entire Economics ) is offered at TYBA Level.
To imbibe among the students knowledge, values and attitude that helps them to develop positive approach towards economics and better understanding of economic issues.
To broaden the understanding of students towards economic problems and policy measures.
Students Strength :
Speical Papers offered : TYBA- Sem V & VI
- Economics of Development-VIII
- Economics of Agriculture and Co-operation-IX
- Economic History of India-X
- Environmental Economics-XI
- History of Economic Thought-XII.
- Macro Economics- XIII
- International Economics-XIV
- Economics of Agriculture & Co-operation-XV
- Indian Economic Thought-XVI
- Development Theory and Experience- XVII
- International Trade, Policy and Practice-XVIII
Special Features :
1. Mr. S. B. Karande, Assistant Professor
2. Mr. M. B. Khobragade, Assistant Professor
3. Mr. C. T. Patil, Assistant Professor
4. Ms. Suhas R. Sawant, Assistant Professor
Mr. S. B. Karande,
Qualification : M. A. (Eco.) M. Phil., SET, B. Ed., Pursuing Ph.D. Degree from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
- Paper published in ISSN Journal-2231-2137, Title:“Financial Inclusion in India”.
- Paper published in ISSN Journal-0976-0377,
Title: “Banking and finance-The way for rural development in India”.
- Paper published in ISSN Journal- –2279-0632, Title:“Role of Microfinance in India”.
- Paper published in ISSN/ISBN Journal –23206128, Title: “A Occupational Structures Study of Warli Tribes In Thane District”.
- Paper published in ISSN/ISBN Journal –2319-8648,Title:A Study of Educational Condition of Warli Tribes in Thane District”.
- Paper published in ISSN/ISBN Journal -0973-8452Title:“A Study of Poverty in India.”
- Paper published in ISSN/ISBN Journal –2249-4081 Title:“The Global Crisis and Indian Economy”
- Paper published in ISSN Journal -2319-8648
Title: “Implication of FDI on Indian Economy”.
- Paper published in ISSN Journal –2229-6190
Title-“Tourism and Service Industry – Challenges and Prospects in 21st Century.”
- Paper published in ISSN Journal –2229-4406
Title-“Services Sector in Indian Scenario: Significance and Potentiality.”
- Paper published in ISSN Journal –0976-0377
Title-“Globalization and Indian Woman”.
- Paper published in ISSN Journal -2231-6671
Title- “Global Crisis and Indian Banking”.
- Paper published in ISSN Journal –0973-8452
Seminar/ Conference / Workshop Participated:
- Participated and presented a paper in Two day National Conference on “Economic Slowdown and Challenges before Indian Economy” held on 10th & 11th January, 2014, organized by G.E.S. Shri. Bhausaheb Vartak College, Borivali (W).(Title: “Global Slowdown and Effects on Indian Economy.”.ISBN: 978-93-5142-394-2)
- Participated and presented a paper in Two day National Conference on “Changing Trends In Employment in India” held on 6th& 7th Jan 2012organized by Pragati College of Arts & Commerce, Dombivali.(Title: “Impact of Globalization and Economic Reforms on Employment in India”.ISBN-978-81-921130-2-9
- Participated and presented a paper in Two day National Conference on “Financial Inclusion Need of the Hour” held on 25th& 26th Nov 2011, organized bySt. Joseph College of Arts & Commerce, Vasai(Title: “Financial Inclusion: Issue and Importance for Inclusive Growth”.
- Participated and presented a paper in Two day National Conference on “Economic Development and Regional Disparities in India ” held on 16th& 17th March 2012, organized byDept. of Economics Dr. B.A.M. University, Aurangabad.(Title: “Disparity in Social Sector Development: Interstate Comparison of Socio-Economic Indicators”.
- Participated and presented a paper in Two day National Conference on “The Effects of Black Money on Indian Economy” held on 27th& 28thOct. 2012, organized by Dayanand College of ArtsLatur.(Title: ““Impact of black money on Indian Economy”. ISBN-978-81-22783-22-9-1.
- Participated and presented a paper in Two day National Conference on “Imbalance Sex Ratio and its Implications” held on 21th&22nd Feb.2013 organized byYashvantraochavan College of Arts, Commerce&sci. Ambajojai.(Title: “Imbalance Sex Ratio in human population-causes and implication”. ISBN-978-81-921130-2-9.
- Participated and presented a paper in Two day National Conference on “Capital Flows: opportunities and Challenges for India” held on 26th&27th Feb 2013organized byBirla College Kalayan.(Title: “Trends and Implications of FDI In India”. ISBN-978-93-5097-579-4.
- Participated and presented a paper in Two day National Conference on “Inflation – A Challenge before Indian Economy” held on 20th&21stSept. 2013 organized by Dept. of Economics New Arts Commerce & science College Parner...(Title: “Inflation in India- Issue & Challenges”. ISBN 978-81-926129-9-7
- Participated and presented a paper in Two day National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Banking Industry” held on 3rd&4th Feb 2012, organized by G.E.S. Shri. Bhausaheb Vartak College, Borivali (W).(Title: ““Economic Reforms and Technological Change in Banking Industry””. ISBN-978-93-5097-579-4)
- Participated and presented a paper in Two day National Conference held on 3rd&4th Jan.2014, organized by Arts, Commerce & Science College, Ambad, Jalana (W).(Title: The progress of Electricity & Irrigation sector in Infrastructure of Maharashtra.”. ISBN-978-93-5097-579-4)
Seminar/ Conference / Workshop Attended
- Attended Workshop organized by “ST.Gonsalo Garcia College of Arts & Commerce” at Vasai, onAPI for Career Advancement scheme and Direct Recruitmentheld on 18th Jan 2014.
- Attended Workshop organized by “K.P.B.Hinduja College of Commerce And Board of Studies of Business Economics” at Hinduja College Charni Road, Mumbai,Revision of Syllabus T.Y.B.Com. Business Economics-III , held on 15th Feb.2014.
- Attended Workshop organized by “Shri. Bhausaheb Vartak College” at Borivali (W) Mumbai, onHow to write a Research Paper, held on 28th Sept.2013.
- Attended one Day UGC sponsored State level Seminar by Shankar Narayan College of Arts and Commerce on “Global Economic Problems and Action” held on 23rd 2010.
- Attendedone Day Seminar Jointly organized by Vivek College of Commerce and The Economic Club Mumbai on “Research in Economics – Understanding Nuances” held on 17th July 2010.
- Attended Three Days Yearly National Level session organized by Marathi Economics Council at Adarsh Arts &Commerce CollegeBadlapur, helo on 13th ,14th& 15th Nov.2010.
- Participated in One Day Workshop on Revision Of Syllabus organized by “K.P.B.Hinduja College of Commerce And Board of Studies of Business Economics” at Hinduja College Charni Road, Mumbai, Revision of Syllabus S.Y.B.Com. Business Economics-II held on 14th feb.2009.
- Life Member of Marathawada Economics Council.
- Acted as member of organizing committee of National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Banking Industry” held on 3rd& 4th Feb 2012, jointly organized by Dept. Of Economics and Commerce GES,s Shri. Bhausaheb Vartak College, Borivali (W), Mumbai.
- Acted as co-convener of National Conference on “Economic Slowdown and Challenges before Indian Economy” held on 10th & 11th January, 2014, organized by G.E.S. Shri. Bhausaheb Vartak College, Borivali (w) Mumbai.
- Acted as Chair-Person of Planning Forum –(2009-10To2013-14)
- Acted as NSS Programme Officer from 2006-07 To 2009-10)
- Member of Time –Table Committee.
- Member of Library Committee.
- Member of Unfair means Committee.
- Member of Attendance Committee- (2008-09To 2013-14)
- Completed Minor Research Project of University of Mumbai on Trials of Vasai Taluka.(2012-13)
- Completed Orientation Course organized by UGC Academic Staff College, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University Aurangabad held on 02nd July To 29th July 2011.
- Completed Refresher Course organized by UGC Academic StaffCollege, University of North Bengal, Dist. Darjeeling, West Bengal held on 25th Feb. To 17th March 2011.
Mr. M. B. Khobragade
||MR. MRUNAL B. KHOBRAGADE
||M.A., B. Ed., NET.
- Presented a paper entitled “ opportunities of tourism in vidarbha region of Maharashtra” in P.G.T.Department of economics . RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur.
- Presented a paper entitled “Rural Banking and Financial Inclusion.” At G.E.S’S SHRI BHAUSAHEB VARTAK COLLEGE , BORIVALI(W),MUMBAI.
|Seminar/ Conference / Workshop Attended :
- Participated in the UGC sponsored national conference on,” Indian business scenario: changes ahead” organized by Ghanshamdas Saraf college Mumbai.
- Participated in the UGC sponsored national conference on “ challenges and prospects of human rights in the 21st century .“ organized by shri bhausheb vartak college, borivali, Mumbai.
- Participated in National leval conference on “ Ecomamic Slowdown and Challenges before Indian Economy.” Organized by Shri Bhausaheb Vartak College Borivali, Mumbai.
- One day state level seminar on “DEMOGRAPHY” organized by S.N.D.T. college of Mumbai.
- One day workshop on revised syllabi of T.Y. BA. Economic paper 4, 5 and 8 organised by S.K. Somaiya college,Mumbai.
- Participation in the Two-day workshop on “Facilitation skills for Addressing Gender Issues” organized by population first in Collaboration with research center for women’s studies and S.N.D.T. Women’s university .
- One day workshop on revised syllabi of T.Y.B.A Economics(Quantitative Papers) organized by K.C. College, Mumbai.
- One day workshop on Revised Syllabus of T.Y.B.A Economics Paper 4 Organized jointly by Board of studies in Economics, University of Mumbai and Department of Economics, Ramnarain Ruia College.
- Participation in the “Advocacy Workshop on HIV AIDS and Red Ribbun Club “for NSS Programme officers by Mumbai Districts AIDS Control Society.
- One day workshop on Revised syllabus of S.Y.B.com at K.P.B Hinduja College of Commerce.
- One day workshop on “How To Write A Research Praposal “ organized by G.E.S.’S Bhausaheb Vartak College,Mumbai.
|Any other :
|| MEMBER OF COMMITTEE
- NSS Program officer
- Member of admission committee
- Member of Attendance Committee
- Member of Grievance Committee
Mr. Chandrakant T. Patil :- M.A. NET.
- Working as an Extension work Teacher in DLLE from last 6 Yrs.
- Member of Research Committee
- Member of Admission Committee
- Member of Swami Vivekananda Kendra
- Member of Examination Committee
- Title “Technology trend in the Indian Banking sector since 1991”-ISBN: 978-93-5051-695-9.
- Title “Women Status of employment and household headship in India.”- ISBN 978-93-82504-10-8
- Title “Consumer Rights and Responsibilities in India.”- ISBN 978-93-5097-561-9
- Title “Evolution of Foreign Direct Investment in India.”- ISSN 2279-0632
- Title “Recent status of India’s balance of payment.”- ISSN 2319-8648
- Title “Trade, transportation and challenges in India”- ISSN-2249-345X
- Title “Economic slowdown and Indian economy”- ISBN 978-93-5142-394-2
- Title “Issues related to women and their Participation”- ISBN-978-93-83072-15-6
- Title “Human Migration & Social Inclusion of Internal Migration”- ISBN-978-93-83072-18-7
- Title “Correlation of Higher Education with Economic Development and Growth”- ISBN: 978-93-5202-400-1
- Title “Overview of service sector in rural and urban India”- ISB: 978-93-5249-010-3
- Title “Role of SHG’s in rural areas of Bhiwandi Taluka and women empowerment”- ISBN: 978-93-5212-846-4
- Title “Growing scenario of India’s intra-industry trade in the world economy.”- ISSN: 2277-9310
- Title “Worse Condition of Powerloom Industries in Maharashtra State with Special Reference to Pune Division”- ISBN: 978-93-5273-339-2
- Title “Challenges and Parameters of Sustainable Development in India.”- ISBN: 978-93-5262-269-6
- Title “Recent major reforms and steps taken by Government of India that changed Indian economy”- ISSN 2319-8648
- Micro-Economics-Sem-I, F.Y.B.A. Text book Unit 2: Economics and Its Method and Unit 4: Interdependence and Trade- ISBN 978-93-5077-033-7
- Title “Costs Related to Violence against Women in the Economy”-ISSN 2277-5730
- Title “Approaches towards the Power-loom of Maharashtra on a Government Policy Perspective”- ISSN 2321-9653
Seminar and work-Shop Attended
- National level seminar attended on Global financial crisis: Indian Scenario.
- UGC sponsored State level seminar attended on Inflation and Common man.
- One day workshop attended on revised syllabus of TYBA, board of studies in economics, Mumbai University
- Two days workshop attended on SPSS Workshop
- One day workshop attended on How to write a research proposal.
- Two days workshop attended on 2nd workshop for Ph.D. course.
- 1st One day workshop attended on revised syllabus of T.Y.B.COM., Board of studies in Business Economics.
- 2nd One day workshop attended on revised syllabus of T.Y.B.COM, board of studies in Business Economics, Mumbai University.
- Three day’s workshop attended on Emerging Trends in Research.
- One day workshop attended on Credit Based Semester Grading System: Implementation and Issues.
- One day workshop attended on revised syllabus of Economics for F.Y.B.A. & F.Y.B.Sc.
- National level conference attended on Global financial crisis: Indian Scenario.
- One day workshop attended on Revised syllabus of Economics for S.Y.B.A.
Ms. Suhas R. Sawant
Qualification : M. A., SET.
- Member of Planning Forum
- Member of Literary Forum
- Member of Discipline Committee
- Member of Attendance Committee
- Member of Sudents’ Council
Paper/ Article Publications:
- Globalization : Effects On Labour In Developing Countries (International Conference) at RADAV College Bhandup (W), Mumbai.
- Disinvestment Of Public Enterprises: An Overview Of Indian Scenario (International Conference) at Pheroz Shah Mehta Bhavan.Kalina Campus. University of Mumbai.
- Agriculture in India: Overview into the agriculture sector in India (National Conference) at RADAV College Bhandup-East on 19th March,2016
- Impact of Brexit on global economy at RADAV College Bhandup-East on 1st October, 2016
- Demographic Dividend: An Overview into the Benefits & the Challenges(International Conference) at RADAV College Bhandup-East
- LPG-Overview of Its Effects on Poverty and Inequality (presented National Conference) at birla college of arts, science and commerce kalyan (w).
- Implications of recent economic reforms with special reference to make in India at Gokhale Education Society’s Shri Bhausaheb Vartak Arts,Commerce And Science College Borivali-East.
- Education in 21st century: Challenges & need of the hour in Indian Context Journal- Current Global Reviewer (special issue 20th March, 2018) ISSN 231-8648; Impact factor-2.143