Department Of English
Brief History :
- Department is established in the year 1979.
- There are two subjects/paper for arts and commerce
- F.Y.B.A. – Communication Skills in English.
- F.Y.B.Com and S.Y.B.A. – Business Communication
- To enhance the reading, writing, listening and speaking skills of students.
- To develop the ability of students to communicate effectively with the help of electronic media.
- To build the confidence of students in oral and interpersonal communication.
- To prepare students for their professional life through improved communication skills.
Students Strength :
|Class||No. of Students|
|S.Y.B.A.||06 (Optional Paper)|
Special Papers offered :
I. Business Communication Optional
Result of the Department
Special Features :-
- Organization of Workshop/Seminar and Guest Lectures
- Use of Language lab for presentation
- Mock interview and viva
- Ms. Mini Rajan, Assistant Professor
Ms. Mini Rajan
|Name :||Mini Rajan|
|Qualification :||M.A.(English Lit.), M.A. (Linguistics) B.Ed.|
|Seminar/ Conference / Workshop Attended :||Attended National Seminar on “Economic Slowdown and Challenges before Indian Economy” held on 10th and 11th January, 2014, organized by Shri Bhausaheb Vartak College , Borivali (W).|
|Any other :||Co-chairperson of Women’s Development Cell.|
Activities Conducted during the year : 2016-17 :
- Conduct of Intercollegiate students workshop on ‘Spoken English and Fluency’. The resource persons were Mrs Neeta Dhote, Associate Professor, Nagindas Khandwala College, Malad and Mrs Emelia Naronha, P. D. Lion’s College, Malad.
- Certificate Course in Functional English was conducted from Nov. 2016 to Feb.2017. in which 32 students took part from different disciplines.
- A Survey in proficiency in English was conducted for entry level students of B.A., B.Com. and BBI.
- Publication of Research papers by Dr. N.B.Acharya in the research journal ‘the Quest’, issue 1, Aug.2016. Dr. N.B.Acharya presented and published a paper at the National Conference of MCEAM, Pune organised by the college on 2nd and 3rd 2016.