Department Of English
Brief History :
- Department is established in the year 1979.
- There are two subjects/paper for arts and commerce
- F.Y.B.A. – Communication Skills in English.
- F.Y.B.Com and S.Y.B.A. – Business Communication
To make every student confident in communicating effectively in English.
To create an environment that will enable students to acquire proficiency in the English Language equipping them for personal growth and professional development in a globally connceted world.
- To enhance the reading, writing, listening and speaking skills of students.
- To develop the ability of students to communicate effectively with the help of electronic media.
- To build the confidence of students in oral and interpersonal communication.
- To prepare students for their professional life through improved communication skills.
Students Strength :
|Class||No. of Students|
|S.Y.B.A.||22 (Optional Paper)|
Special Papers offered :
I. Business Communication Optional
Result of the Department
F.Y.B.com : Sem- I 77.38 %
FYBA : Sem-I 60.83%
SYBA: Sem-III 77.27 %
Ms. Mini Rajan, Assistant Professor
Ms. Mini Rajan
|Name :||Mini Rajan|
|Qualification :||M.A.(English Lit.), M.A. (Linguistics) B. Ed., PGCTE|
|Publications :||Violence against Women in the Novels of Indian Writers in English published in referred Journal “AJANTA” vol. 2 Issue 3, July-Spet., 2018.|
|Seminar/ Conference / Workshop Attended :||Attended National Seminar on “Economic Slowdown and Challenges before Indian Economy” held on 10th and 11th January, 2014, organized by Shri Bhausaheb Vartak College , Borivali (W).|
|Any other :||Member of Vivekanand Kendra & Teacher in-charge of Vangmaya Sabha.|
Activities Conducted during the year : 2018-19
- Workshop on “How to write Good CV” in association with Commerce department. Mr. Pavithran Nicholson, Director, FourPlus Publication, Malada was the Resource person.
- Introduce Spokent English Course in association with Time of India as part of their Teach India Initiative. The 1st Batch was from 13th Aug., 2018 to 10th Oct., 2018. The 2nd Batch was commence on 11th Jan., 2019.