Women Development Cell is founded in our college in the year 2000. It deals with various issues concerning women like Education, Health, Employment, Career Development, Atrocities against women, Property Rights etc.
- To create awareness about women’s rights
- To sensitize students to gender equality.
- To empower and protect women within the campus
Our Team : Executive Committee
- Dr. Mrs. S. V. Sant Principal Convenor
- Mr. P. K. Mishra Vice-Principal Member
- Mrs. S. A. Salunke Assist. Professor Member
- Ms. Mini Rajan Assist. Professor Member
- Mrs. Asha Padte Junior Clerk Member
- Ms. Snehal Ghodke Stu. Representative Member
Activities : 2019-2020
- Seminar has been organised by Women Development Cell in collaboration with "Bhartiya Stree Shakti" on the topic "Gender Equality" in society on 28th August, 2019. Mrs. Ragini Chandratre was the Guest Speaker of this seminar. Seminar was inaugurated by Principal Dr. Mrs. S. V. Sant. 77 students actively participated in seminar where 31 students were boys and 46 girls . In this seminar guest speaker spoke on the pmportance of Gender Equality by giving various example. The vole of thanks of the programme offered by Prof. M. B. Khobragade.
Annual Report : 2019-2020
The WDC is a statutory body constituted in accordance with the guidelines issued by the University of Mumbai. The WDC is instrumental in creating awareness about problems faced by female students and sensitising students to gender related issues.
This year, the inauguration of Women Development Cell was done with a seminar on 'Awareness on gender Equality in Society' by Mrs. Ragini Chandrate of Bhartiya Stree Shakti, who gave a stimulating talk that captured the attention of the students. Total 77 students attended this seminar.
An Essay writing competition conducted on the topic of 'Role of Women in 21st Century for Nation Building', in which many students actively participated.
The students are extremely grateful to the Principal Dr. Mrs. S. V. Sant for her constant guidance and encouragement. I thank the teaching and non teaching staff for their support. I thank all students participants.
Ms. Snehal Ghodke Co-ordinator
Activities : 2018-2019
- Seminar on "Awareness of Prevention of Sexual Harassment at workplace and Unconscious Bias" on 20th August, 2018. Dr. Bijal Shah, Lawyer, High Court was the Resource Persona. 117 students were presented in the Seminar.
- Essay Writing Competition was organised on 29th September, 2018 and the topic for essay writing was " Women and the Media". 11 students were participated in the competition.
- Poetry Writing Competition was organised on 29th September, 2018 and the topic for essay writing was "I am proud to be a girl". 08 students were participated in the competition.
- Workshop on " Ploycystic Ovasian Syndrome (PCOS) was organised in collaboration with Metropololis Labs, PCOS Society of Indiana nd WE Foundation. Dr. Vaishali Killekar, Gynaecologist was the resource person for the workshop and 99 students were presented in the workshop.
- A Short Movies Session organised on "Awareness on Sexual Harassment of Women in Society" on 11th March, 2019 and 52 students were present in this activities.